Thursday 13 January 2011

Chocolates, winter blues & Etsy

Hey everyone!

I don't know why but I think I've got a winter blues virus last night and it's still affecting me this morning.  I feel so sluggish and I don't really want to do anything, apart from lying in the bed... Maybe it's this English weather and lack of sun today?


I felt a bit better yesterday and I've made some real chocolates. Yes, they are real, not made from clay :) Some time ago, one local lady (regular customer) came to our cafe and gave us some truffles she made. I can't say they were nice, rather a bit chewy and too buttery... But she made me think about trying to make some truffles on my own and here you have some :) Some of them are made by hand and then dipped in melted chocolate, and some are made using silicone moulds. I covered sides with chocolate, filled them with fillings and then covered with chocolate again. A bit pain to make them all and really, really messy.......

So I gave most of them to people at the cafe downstairs, because I like making chocolates, not eating them (I have to burn them off after!!! :P ) and I left some for my friend.I want to wrap them somehow but I haven't hot any chocolate boxes leftovers... :( I will have to figure out something.

Even if I'm affected with winter blues virus today, I still found some strengh to force myself to add some new itmes to my Etsy, like these cute donut hair pins. There are more flavours there and I also added some whip cream hair pins too. I've lowered shipping costs for these items as well, because they don't weight much so it's pointless to charge the same amount like the other items :)







I hope that my virus wil go away soon and I will be able to enjoy my holidays like I should...

And thank you for stopping by here and I hope you've enjoyed this post! :)

5 comments:

  1. Ugh this season is just perfect for sickness! I hope you feel better. Drink lots of fluids.

    The chocolates look delicious! Sadly I'm not able to make sweets in the kitchen. (I satisfy that with making clay sweets :D) And I didn't know you owned a café? Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no it wasn't physical virus, just a mental blues. I jusy didn't want to do anything. It's still raining here but I feel much better now :) I think everyone feels sad and down sometimes, without any reason :D

    And no, I don't own this Cafe! :D I work there and live above it with my boyfriend (he works there too) so I can come down there whenever I want :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my mistake for reading too fast. Well that's true. When the weather gets gloomy we tend to feel down :/

    That's even cooler! You live on top of the cafe and work there :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Dolcemente! I've visited your blog and I think you're an amazing sweets artist! I'll be following you from now on! :D

    @Ammorin:
    Oh no worries! But it would be great to own a cafe! Maybe one day! :D

    ReplyDelete